24 May, 2016

How to stay motivated.


I was reading my journal the other day and came across one curious thing – my 2015 resolutions. Well, we all know how it goes: New Year, new page, a chance to change your life. You feel inspired and make a list of all the things the better you would be doing and promise yourself to do them. You actually manage to do them for about 5 days or so and then forget them forever. Sounds familiar?
I like to believe that it is all about inspiration. If you wake up and feel tired of a routine and bored out of your mind, you probably just want to watch Netflix and do nothing. If on the other hand you start your day feeling positive and motivated, God knows where this day may lead you.
There are little things that I do to stay motivated and inspired to be better:
·         Eat healthy. I have no idea why, but whenever I maintain a healthy diet, I feel like a million bucks. No guilt for that extra slice of pizza, no heavy feeling in the stomach and you feel like you could fly.
 
·         Dream out loud. Don’t keep your dreams and wishes to yourself, share them with someone. I believe sharing makes them a little bit more real. For example, I tell my mom everything. We talk on Skype every day and every day I tell her something new: I want to learn German, I want to move to Africa, I want to write a book and etc. My mom is the kind of person who doesn’t believe that there are impossible things, she always tells me: “There are no problems, just tasks” meaning that instead of coming up with thousands of reasons why I shouldn’t do something, I need to think about how can I accomplish it. She never rejects my ideas and always makes me feel like I can reach the Moon if I wanted to.
I’m sure everyone has this kind of friend that understands and support them, so next time you want to do something, try and share it with them, see how it makes you feel.
 
·         Remind yourself about what you want every day. It is surprisingly easy to forget about your goals, so I recommend putting a reminder in front of you. When I wanted to become more flexible and athletic, I put a picture of a gymnast on my background. Every time I turned my laptop on I saw this amazing athlete doing things that I wish I could do and it pushed me to do exercise. So, if you want to go to Paris, put a picture of the Eifel Tower on your fridge, if you want to get into Harvard, get a picture of it and pin it on the wall in front of your desk, if you want to become a painter, set up a working space with all your painting supplies so every time you look at it, it reminds you about who you want to become.
 
·         Let others set the example. Find people that amaze you and make you want to become better and subscribe to their YouTube channel or their blog or their Instagram page, or if it is possible, try and be around them more often, let them help you on your journey of becoming better you.
 
·         Love and believe in yourself. None of the efforts will matter is you don’t believe in yourself. Look in the mirror and see that you are beautiful, amazing, unique and capable of changing the world. And never let others tell you otherwise. Trust me, you are good enough, you are capable, it is not too late, it is not too early, now is the perfect time and you are perfect for the job.
 
·         Enjoy the way. I already mentioned it previously, but I’m going to say it again anyway. As far as we know we only have one relatively short life. You can’t relive it, can’t try again and don’t get a second chance. If you are not enjoying your life, then what’s the point? Remember, you weren’t put in this world to be unhappy all your life, so do what makes you happy and follow your heart.
 
I hope this list was helpful and inspired someone. Maybe some of you will be able to keep all of your resolutions this year or just make a positive change in your life.
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small things you can do today to battle climate change

Climate change is a very serious thing that, unfortunately, has to deal with a lot of denial these days. Don't doubt, it's a real i...