28 February, 2019

Bahía de Los Angeles | Baja trip | Day 4





Waking up in Daggets Sportfishing looked a little bit like this. It's a beautiful place the only downside of which is the amount of people camping there. Great for the campground, not so enjoyable for us. But we did get the chance to hang out there for a bit.
What you see here is a child who is ready to hit the beach, but was forced to go to the bathroom by her horrible mother. Ran off as soon as she was free.

It was very windy (December) and absolutely gorgeous.





We didn't stay for very long for many reasons. We were convinced that the area has many wonderful free campgrounds. Also, our laptops were out of battery so we needed to find a restaurant that would let us use their plugs.

My advice: be upfront with the staff. We saw a little restaurant with "Wi-Fi" sign on the window, I jumped out of the car, stormed in and asked if we could connect our laptops for a little bit. The purpose of our visit was perfectly clear. The waitress was confused for just a second and then said: "Yeah, sure". Later on, we discovered a sign that said: "Please, DO NOT use our plugs" on the counter, but since they let us in, knowing we'd do just that, we didn't feel bad at all.

That was also a great chance to get some fat, protein and calories. We all tend to lose a bit of weight on our camping trips. Suit yourself here: if that's something you want to achieve, go for it, but I go out of my way to not lose any weight. I shed kilos very fast if I'm stressed or anxious, so when I'm happy I take advantage of that and eat a bit more than I normally would.

Regarding our diet. Memo tries to limit his meat intake and eat responsibly. I actually try to avoid meat altogether. I wouldn't call myself a vegetarian, because I do consume meat when I get anaemic and even every two to three weeks since I don't take any supplements. I eat fish. I also eat eggs and cheese. Not often, but I definitely don't go out of my way to avoid them. And our child eats everything. We try to make her diet as varied and diverse as possible, but other than that she is free to choose what she wants. I'm confident in the decisions I make for myself, but I wouldn't risk her health for the assumption that I know how to properly veganaise kid's diet.

We recharged our devices and ourselves for about an hour and went on to look for campgrounds.

There are a few options in that area.

If you head North you'll find a beach that's called "La Gringa".

It does have a hotel there, but the rest of the beach is free to camp on. Also, right after La Gringa, you can find another beach with free camping.

As you can see, it's very flat. It seemed private at the time but actually lacked good hiding spots in case you needed to go to the bathroom. But we only discovered that when I got my period in the late afternoon. Cause, you know, that requires a bit more time than just peeing in the bushes.

Sofi actually fell asleep after a 5-minute drive.

So naturally, we enjoyed a beer on the beach, wondering of what the heck we'd be doing if we didn't have a kid. I'm not sure about how many of my readers are not parents, but let me know how do you spend your time during camping trips. Our days are so heavily influenced by our daughter, I actually feel a bit lost when she is not near. Its always "where is Sofi?", "what is she doing?", "is she safe?", "is she cold?", "is she hungry?". With all of that out of the picture, it can feel a bit boring, to be honest.

Didn't do much that day. The sole purpose of the trip was to relax and enjoy, so we did.





It was incredibly windy. To the point where you would have to run after the toys once or twice to catch them in mid-air. But that's what December is like in Bahía de Los Angeles. Summer is a whole other game, my friends.

Here is what we had for dinner. It's the most random pile of things you could find.

The little one had a yoghurt she found in the store. I'm going to warn you now about dairy products. Don't go by the expiration date alone, it's no use if the product wasn't properly refrigerated. We were looking for some cheese in one store and stumbled upon a whole row of it. The pieces were very deformed and looked nothing like the blocks they were supposed to be, which tells you that they were not refrigerated during transportation, hence their sorry beaten-up state. I'd recommend you to stay away from all dairy products at such stores because chances are they'll be in the same condition, only you wouldn't be able to tell since they are packaged.
If you want to buy some meat, milk, yoghurt etc. find a store with normal-looking cheese, choose your product by the freshest date and always examine it before consuming. Examine it three times over if your kid is going to eat it.

We also made a simple salad and then decided to add tuna into it and make some sandwiches.
For the movie snacks, we had some totopos with a simple dip and fruits.

That's it for today. Thank you for reading. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small things you can do today to battle climate change

Climate change is a very serious thing that, unfortunately, has to deal with a lot of denial these days. Don't doubt, it's a real i...